Friday, March 13, 2009

My New Toy

It's has been a while since my last update. No bento updates cos Clarence prefer to queue up with his friends during recess to buy some snacks. For the past few months, he has been eating pizza from the canteen everyday. I think he is too shy and does not know how to order from the other stalls.

We went to Tampines Court early this month to look at those sewing machine with no intention of buying cos my mum's place has the old manual type. As I was browsing thru, one of them was on promotion and has the functions which I wanted, able to do zig zag stitch, button hole, sew button and etc. As a result, I bought my new toy (Brother BM 2600 sewing machine)
My first project was to sew a new carrier for my yoga mat since the old is torn. Here's my the pic. I have re-cycled the handle and the string for the top.

Went on to sew my lunch bag, handphone holder, ez-link card holder.

My lunch bag.

Handphone pouch
Ez-link card holder

Last night, I managed to sew a sun hat for Clarisse and another Ez-link card holder. I can only start sewing at around 10pm when she goes to sleep. Things when smoothly and was able to complete by 11:30pm.

Here the pic of the sun hat and Clarisse wearing it.


All are sewn from the same fabric. I dare not buy too much fabrics in case I have nothing else to sew and no where to store. Ha Ha.

1 comment:

3lilangels said...

WOW.... you're so talented. Impressive sewing there. Lucky Clarisse, with her beautiful hat.