Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bento #5 & #6

Bento for today, my boys requested for sushi. It took me almost an hour to complete the bento. Maybe new to bentoing, that's why (excuses). I spent sometime searching for my small rice scoop which I bought not long ago with the rice mould and use it only one time, only to know that my mother-in-law has thrown it away thinking that who would use a small scoop for the big rice cooker. She also threw away the picks (and of all picks, it's those colourful animal picks), container and etc whenever she washes the lunch box for my son although I have told her that they can be re-cycled. Just feeling sad of course.

Anyway, that will give me reasons to buy more bento accessories.

Bento #5 - Clement

Top section: Star shape fish fillet, seaweed chicken, mikan and star biscuit
Bottom section: Maki and soy sauce in rabbit container

Bento #6 - Clarence
Top section: Star shape fish fillet, mikan and star biscuit
Bottom section: Seaweed Chicken and Pork floss Maki
Clarence does not like pickles and so have to make him the Pork floss Maki. He is a very fussy eater. For my bento, it also consist of Maki and Seaweed Chicken and of course, all the balance from the cut out. That's the reason why I did not post my bento.

2 comments:

Our Story said...

understand ur pain of losing the cute bento stuff. i would too.

YL

3lilangels said...

It's a good thing you're in Sg and can easily replace those items. I would totally freak out here.

Very nice bentos. Doesn't look like you're new to this at all. It still take me ages to make maki. At the end there will be rice everywhere in the kitchen. *_*